RAE Systems to Showcase Industry-First Real-Time Gas Detection System That Enables Faster Incident Response Times at FDIC 2012
Visit Booth #417 to See MultiRAE and ToxiRAE Pro Connect to ProRAE Guardian Real-time Wireless Safety System; Join Live training and Sponsored Events
San Jose, Calif. – April 13, 2012 – As part of its ongoing commitment to enhance safety through the reduction in incident response times for first responders, RAE Systems, the leader in toxic gas detection systems and portable detectors, today announced that it will actively participate in the Fire Department Instructor Conference (FDIC) to be held in Indianapolis from April 16-21.
At FDIC, the premier conference and exhibition for the fire industry, RAE Systems will demonstrate for the first time its MultiRAE and ToxiRAE Pro families of products in a wireless “connected threat detection” environment. These families of products can now be seamlessly connected via RAELink3 Mesh portable wireless modem to the ProRAE Guardian Real-time Wireless Safety System. The system provides a “mobile command center” for incident commanders to remotely monitor Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TICs/TIMs), flammable gases, chemical Warfare Agents (CWA), radiation, meteorological conditions, GPS-based location information and physiological condition of responders.
The new ProRAE Guardian Real-time Wireless Safety System provides unsurpassed responder safety and helps emergency responders better protect communities and ensure hazardous materials regulation compliance. The system helps reduce incident response times and enhances safety in a broad range of applications including: hazmat and emergency response, CBRNe agent detection (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive), homeland security, police, bomb disposal, public venue protection and fire service.
“RAE Systems remains committed to the fire community by constantly investing in the development of new technologies, systems, educational training and sponsoring events that will benefit first responders and their safety,” said Thomas Negre, vice president of products and marketing for RAE Systems. “During this year’s FDIC event, we will showcase our new wireless safety system that takes threat monitoring to a new level by delivering real-time data to geographically dispersed first-responder teams.”
FireSmoke.org Training Workshop Sponsorship
RAE Systems has been a supporter and sponsor of the Fire Smoke Coalition for several years and will jointly sponsor the FireSmoke.org training classes during the show:
- Hands on Training - The Dangers of Fire Smoke Exposure – April 17, 2012 1:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Classroom Session - Atmospheric Monitoring on Every Fireground – April 19, 2012, 1:30 – 3:15 p.m.
Sponsorships and Prize Drawing
- On Wednesday, April 18, RAE Systems will sponsor the Brotherhood Bash – an annual get-together of FDIC attendees the day before the Exhibit Hall opens.
- RAE Systems will also sponsor the American Female Firefighters Association (AFF). An AFF member will be signing the AFF 2012 calendar at RAE Systems Booth #417 during show exhibit hours.
- For the second year in a row, RAE Systems will conduct a drawing for a lucky entrant to win a Harley-Davidson Motorcycle - 2012 Model XL883N “Big Blue Pearl.”
New Real-time Wireless Safety System Demonstrations
At the RAE Systems Booth #417, attendees will be able to see for the first time how the ProRAE Guardian Real-time Wireless Safety System facilitates faster, data-driven decision-making that helps responders save lives and assets. Situational data obtained by multiple responder teams can be instantaneously shared securely through the Internet to aid mission control, simplify the coordination of joint operations and allow remote experts to be added to the operation in real time.
The RAE Systems ProRAE Guardian Real-time Wireless Safety System now supports the company’s portable ToxiRAE Pro single-gas monitors, MultiRAE multi-threat detectors, GammaRAE II R radiation detectors, AreaRAE transportable multi-gas and radiation instruments, BioHarness biometric device and approved third-party instruments. This further enhances the scope of connected threat detection tools available to emergency responders and CBRNe community. Attendees will be able to view streaming data from ProRAE Guardian Cloud Server on an iPad. RAE Systems will also unveil new videos of wireless use cases, FireSmoke videos and a special 3-D Flash animation of the fireground and wireless data access.
Learn More, See More
- To learn more about the ProRAE Guardian Real-time Wireless Safety Monitoring System and experience a 3-D tour of wireless gas detection in the fireground, click HERE
- Emergency responders attending the FDIC Trade Show, April 16-21, 2012, in Indianapolis, can register for the show, download an entry form to win a Harley or sign up to receive an exclusive 1:1 wireless hands-on product demonstration by clicking HERE
- Related Application Notes on the use of ProRAE Guardian to monitor hazmat incidents is available HERE and protecting and monitoring public events HERE
About RAE Systems
RAE Systems innovates, designs and manufacturers gas sensors and radiation detectors. The company offers a full line of fixed gas detection and portable gas detection solutions, including handheld and personal chemical, compound and radiation detection instruments. RAE Systems’ proven real-time safety and threat detection systems have been deployed by world leaders in the oil and gas, fire and hazmat, industrial safety, national security and environmental markets, helping save lives and maintain safety in 120 countries. The company’s industry-leading gas sensors and radiation detection solutions are widely recognized for their performance and reliability. RAE Systems is based in Silicon Valley. Learn more at http://www.raesystems.com.