Multi-Gas Monitor for Confined Space Applications
The MultiRAE Plus combines a PID (Photoionization Detector) with the standard four gases of a confined space monitor (O2, LEL, and two toxic gas sensors) in one compact monitor with sampling pump. Like the Leatherman™ tool, the MultiRAE Plus gets the job done in more circumstances than any other gas detector. With more than 10,000 units in the field today, its versatility makes it the gas meter of choice for some of the highest profile HazMat/WMD teams in the United States. The MultiRAE Plus is quickly and easily changed from a sophisticated technician instrument to a simple text-only monitor. The same monitor can be used as a personal monitor, a hand-held sniffer, or as a continuous operational area monitor.
The MultiRAE Plus detector can be made wireless with the use of RAELink2. This allows real-time monitoring information from the detector to be integrated into an existing AreaRAE system. A wireless, RF (radio frequency) modem allows detectors equipped with Firmware version 1.20 or higher to communicate and transmit readings and other information on a real-time basis with a remotely located AreaRAE base controller up to two miles away.
- O2, LEL, PID, and any two plug-in "smart" toxic sensors: CO, H2S, SO2, NO, NO2, Cl2, HCN, NH3, PH3
- 0-2,000 ppm measurement of VOCs (volatile organic compounds) with 0.1 ppm resolution
- Measure more chemicals than with any other PID: With over 60 Correction Factors built into the MultiRAE Plus memory and the largest printed list of Correction Factors in the world (300+), RAE Systems offers the ability to accurately measure more ionizable chemicals than any other PID!
- Drop-in Battery: When work schedules require putting in more hours than the 14 hours supplied by the advanced Lithium ion (Li-ion) battery, the drop-in alkaline pack supplied with every MultiRAE Plus allows you to finish the job.
- User friendly screens make it easy to use for simple applications and flexible enough for sophisticated options.
- Rugged Rubber Boot assures that the MultiRAE Plus survives the bumps and knocks of tough field use.
- Strong, built-in sample pump draws up to 100 feet (30m) horizontally or vertically.
- Large external filter and automatic low flow alarm protect the MultiRAE Plus from damage.
- Large keys are operable even with 3 layers of gloves
- Easy-to-read display with backlight
- Store up to 80 hours of data at one minute intervals for all 5 sensors for download to PC (with the optional datalogging).
- Loud audible alarm that varies for different alarm conditions and an optional external vibration alarm for noisy areas
- Access sensors and battery in seconds with the new, improved case
- HazMat/Homeland Security
- Initial PPE (personal protective equipment) assessment
- Leak detection
- Perimeter establishment and maintenance
- Spill delineation
- Confined Space Entry
- Aviation/wing tank entry with jet fuel
- Shipyard and maritime confined spaces with diesel fuel
- Pulp and paper industry for confined space entry in turpentine environments
- Soil and water headspace analysis
- Leaking underground storage tanks (LUST)
- Landfill monitoring
- Industrial Hygiene, Plant Health & Safety
- Confined Space Entry
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)