Ruggedized Wireless Multi-Gas Monitoring
The AreaRAE Steel is an ATEX-certified Multi Gas, wireless monitor. Housed in a welded stainless-steel enclosure, it is rugged, portable and weather-resistant, making it suitable for harsh environments. Ideal for hazardous materials and other emergency response monitoring applications, strategically placed AreaRAE Steel monitors can be used to quickly establish a perimeter, allowing first responders to back off to a safe position and monitor readings from up to 3 kilometers away. AreaRAE Steel is fully supported by the ProRAE Guardian software platform.
The photoionization detector (PID) in the AreaRAE Steel can measure parts per million of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). In addition, it can be equipped with a lower explosive limit (LEL) sensor, an oxygen sensor, and one or two electrochemical toxic sensors for measuring specific substances such as hydrogen sulfide or chlorine.
An integrated wireless modem transmits real-time gas measurement data to a base station, which employs a standard Windows-based PC running ProRAE Remote software. The base station can simultaneously control and display readings for up to eight AreaRAE Steels and/or AreaRAE Steel Gammas (or other AreaRAE-compatible monitors, including MultiRAE Plus, MiniRAE 2000, ppbRAE Plus, Smiths APD-2000®, BAE ChemSentry®, and Coastal Environmental Systems Weatherpak®). This provides a multi-threat detection network that can monitor a wide geographic area. Employing mesh networking capabilities, the AreaRAE Steel is designed for extended-range performance in difficult radio environments. The AreaRAE Steel is available individually or as part of the Rapid Deployment Kit (RDK) system package.
- Up to five sensors (PID, LEL, O2 and two electrochemical toxic gas)
- Loud buzzer and large, extra-bright warning light
- Large LCD display and keypad
- Rugged, weather-resistant stainless-steel housing
- Built-in sampling pump
- Interchangeable Li-ion or alkaline battery pack
- Continuous operation via AC source
- Real-time wireless data transmission with built-in RF modem
- View real-time sensor data and alarm status at headquarters or command center
- ProRAE Remote software simultaneously controls and displays readings for up to eight remote detectors
- License-free, wireless transmission with communication range up to 3km
- Optional wall-mounting bracket or field-mounting tripod adapter
- Fully supported by the ProRAE Guardian software platform
- HazMat and Emergency Response
- Refineries and Petrochemical Plants
- Power Plants
- Pulp and Paper Industry
- Marine and Offshore Wells
Related Products & Accessories
Buy Spare Parts & Accessories